[Help]-PC to TV?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has a celeron processor he does not need to get such an expensive card. It will go to waste in his poor machine.

Just to check,
You are wanting to run your computer to your TV.
In the back of your computer you have is the VGA monitor output.

What would be helpful, the make of the computer you have (I'm guessing it's an off the shelf)

What type of inputs does your TV have (S-Video, Component (The red Blue Green), DVI, HDMI, Cable, or Composite(Yellow, Red, White)

What is the general purpose of what you are trying to do. Watch movies off a DVD, Video Editing, Streaming video, or just a big picture of Word.

daytonoh said:
Just to check,
1)You are wanting to run your computer to your TV.
In the back of your computer you have is the VGA monitor output.

2)What would be helpful, the make of the computer you have (I'm guessing it's an off the shelf)

3)What type of inputs does your TV have (S-Video, Component (The red Blue Green), DVI, HDMI, Cable, or Composite(Yellow, Red, White)

4)What is the general purpose of what you are trying to do. Watch movies off a DVD, Video Editing, Streaming video, or just a big picture of Word.
1)I don't think I have 1...
2)Intel Celeron..
3)Component, Composite, and S-Video...
4)Streaming Video...

1) Hmmm...how is your current monitor hooked to your monitor? Guess it's not really important because you want to go with S-video. I just wanted to make sure you wanted to output not input/throughput.

2)That is the processor, Is you computer and HP, Dell, Compaq, Emachine, Custome Built. Do you have a model number, something we could look up on the web to see what type of MB it has to see what type of card it uses.

3) good so there is Component and S-video, chances are good we could find a card for that.

4) Going to let someone else take this, I'm not sure if this is a memorey hog and how much processing it needs. This could make a difference in the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom