How to Reset Your CMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
so this also means that if the computer is unpluged for an extended amount of time than it will be reset correct?

I need some help on bios

i have a Sempron 2800+ 1.8ghz

and its running at 1.33ghz

my Motherboard is a k7vme

well, yea i suppose. but i think the battery lasts for a very long time, and i take it that it is rechageable?

I need some help on bios

i have a Sempron 2800+ 1.8ghz

and its running at 1.33ghz

my Motherboard is a k7vme

This is not a bios resetting question, your bios is misconfigured.
Your core voltage is probably too low...
You will need to consult your processor manual to see what voltage is needed to generate what clock signal speed for your particular model.

Please make a separate post under Hardware Troubleshooting titled "help with bios configuration - sempron 2800 voltage" or somesuch...as long as the title is descriptive...
------------------------------------------------

Back to the topic at hand.

The CMOS is a sort of writable rom that contain customs settings for the BIOS to use.

Clearing the CMOS will cause the BIOS to use default settings....

Some boards have something called backup bios, and a secondary jumper set....
If you mess up a bios flash, you can set the jumpers on the board to flash your primary bios with the bios stored in the secondary. Then, after its done, set the jumpers back and your computer should boot, because you've actually force flashed your primary bios with a bios image stored in the backup...

Ok so I recently changed my fsb and now whenever I power up I get the dreaded black screen. From what I have gathered from this sticky I should simply open up my case and take this battery thing out for say 20 minutes then replace it and boot up and my BIOS settings should be set to default. Right? I just though I would clarify this before I go taking stuff out etc...Thanks

Here's a question, what about resetting the Bios on a notebook? My notebook turns on, but nothing comes up on the monitor, nothing.

bradybnmci said:
What about setting the bios back to default by selecting "Set to default?
i don't know if someone has already said this but this problem is for those who have played with something too much or set some value too high and the computer wont even POST, not allowing you to access your bios.

as for the laptop thing, im sure there is a battery in that too if you take it apart but be CAREFUL. i've heard horror stories about taking laptops apart, not to metion it almost always voids warrentys.

to lesig: yes, exactly. but you needn't wait 20 minutes. about 15-20 seconds should do it.

i think removig the battries will on clear COMS but not to clear the bios...Bios could onil be restore to the default mode....if u clear bios ur computer nid become a rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom