brand new 7800GT OC artifacting

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLeVeN_11

Baseband Member
well i just got a new BFG 7800GT OC and its artifacting right out of the box... i installed this for the 1st time along with a brand new A8N SLI mobo and a new AMD 64 x2 4200+...i cannot read the screen to set up my new mobo their for i cannot find out the temp of the card... i looked in my PC while it was on and all the fans seem to be running strong.. i think its just a defect and the card needs to be replaced... can i get some input on this from the more experienced guys ?

Well, I had the same problem but for me it only happens in 3D. I downclocked my card to stock and the artifacting went away. I should have RMAed it, but since I plan on going with the G80 anyways I decided it wasn't worth it.

If yours is artifacting in 2D, there is a more serious problem. See if another card works in your system, or if you have friends who are gamers, see if they will let you test your card in their system. If you find out for sure its the card, RMA it.

Hang on......What is the wattage of your PSU? YOu have added a monster power hog to your system and it is OC'd right out of the box!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom