would 2 gigs be enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have my other hdd.. i just want a small one just for my os and system files.. but my other for playing so i can reformat that is i want...

256MB of RAM is not bad if you are running XP Pro and nothing else, since most retail computers STILL ship with only 256MB of RAM. But for a PC that old I wouldn't install XP. If you only have a 13GB hard drive, you'll find yourself running out of space real quick. I would save up for a new system if I were you.

On both my 256 RAM system and 512 RAM system the page file defaults at about 384MB after a fresh install. After installing XP uses about 1.5-1.7GB afaikr. So without page file it would be slightly more than a gig. You can move the page file to another HDD or partition to save space on the Windows partition. You can also install all programs on other partitions/HDD's. But 2GB is not enough. Some programs like DirectX, drivers, etc will be installed on the system partition by default. YOu will run out of space almost certainly.

no...2 gig's just for the os nothing else.. cause i have another hdd that is in my computer that is 12 gigs... so i want teh 2 gig hdd for os and 12 gig for everything else.. so will 2 gigs be enough just for the os?

Yes, but you will stil run out of space installing drivers, temporary files, etc...
It is possible if you move the pagefile and temporary files and some other stuff over to another partition.

why dont you save up some money, wait for a really good sale, and buy a 160 gb hard drive...

you can have ALOT of programs on that!

I installed windows xp pro (no service packs) on a 2.5Gb hard drive with about 1.5 gigs free...

YES it will work, you may not see great performance, but it will run...

wuts a good confortable size partition for xp?!!!! i dont care about that other question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom