Quick Memory Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalk4

In Runtime
Hey, I've seen this posted before but i did a search and couldn't find it. I know I'm a NOOB. My question is that I have a s754 chipset and I know that for some reason this makes the ram run at 166 instead of 200. I don't remember how to get the RAM running back up to 200mhz. I think I have to Raise the FSB and lower the HT multiplier. BUt I wasn't sure if that was all or if there was another way to do it. Thanks

generally speaking 754 can run higher than DDR200, the highest is DDR400 as high as I have seen, there might be an issue with your memory modules, maybe you should upgrade them, DDR200 is dated and you can find massive increases from installing DDR400.

Well, first off, your ram is running at an effective clock of 333. 166*2= 333. Maybe for some reason you have a memory divider running. You can change that ratio back to 1:1 instead of 3:2.

Ryan

filocardhustler said:
generally speaking 754 can run higher than DDR200, the highest is DDR400 as high as I have seen, there might be an issue with your memory modules, maybe you should upgrade them, DDR200 is dated and you can find massive increases from installing DDR400.

I didn't mean DDR200 I meant the rated speed of 200mhz but since it's DDR it runs at 400. My ram isn't that old.

Ryan I will look at the mem divider and see what it is set at. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom