How To Sleeve Your Cables And Wires

Status
Not open for further replies.
turboFX55 said:
those UV leds SUCK, i had a few of them and they did not do crap, you should get a cold cathode uv tube, much better!

YA, I had the UV tubes in my cart, But I was 50 bucks over budget so I had to sadly edit my cart to my budget:p

DBD said:
O.K. I ordered the kit
I meant to say THANKS to your guide, I ordered the kit:D

This is just awesome. Excellent work on the guide. You've influenced me to probably do this in my spare time after I get my PC built for the cool factor!

Could you perhaps post a tutorial where connectors need to be removed as well (maybe a 20 or 24 pin motherboard connector). Will a hair dryer work to contract the heatshrink?

Hey turboFX55, I got the big sleeve to fit over my 20 pin connector:D I had to cut off the plastic tabs/lips off the sides of the connector(not the clip) basically I cleaned up the sharp edges with some scissors, Then I tucked 4 of the wires under the clip on the side of the connector and folded/wrapped/smashed the remaining 16 wires on the same side as the clip, running them all perpendicular with the connector. Then I put tape on it so the sleeving didn't catch on the clip. It took some time to figure all this out but with this knowledge it can be done in 10 Min's:D

The kit I used
http://www.xoxide.com/vawislkituvg.html

It has already been talked about, and if the hairdryer is hot enough, it will work. But then again, it might take some time...

DBD can you post a pic of your work, i am curious how it came out, i tried to get it over a 24 pin but that was hard, all of the other connectors you can do, but the problenm is getting the right size shrink to get on as well.

Soon for the rest of you, I am working on a power supply sleeving guide, this is a bit more complex in the making so give me a little time and i will have it out! and thx to all of you that are using my guide!

I also have done a little work on my case here in the past week or so when i have had the time, click on my sig and you can see what some of the stuff you can do, now keep in mind that this is not complete, not by a long shot, but it will be soon i hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom