3dMark06 arrives wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) It warns users about the assimilation they're about to face. They shall lose their individuality and simply repeat what other people say, without knowing what they're talking about, which seems to be the recurring case with this place.

Finally! Someone notices the quote!

so i can expect to get a system failure icon or some crazy colors displayed on my monitor with a smokey scent next to me not knowing my comp is on fire.

Flanker here is what the author of windows tweak guides had to say about it, he has a 4400 and a 7800GTX and it is a slideshow.

I've just run 3DMark 2006 on my reasonable system, consisting of an X2 4400+, 7800GTX and 2GB of RAM. While my score is alright - 4275 at stock settings - I am very disappointed with this latest version of 3DMark. For starters, in an effort to force everyone to buy the Pro edition, this is the first in the 3DMark series to rehash the previous one's tests. Only the 'Deep Freeze' test stands out as an amazing new demo. Next, on my 6-month old but still fairly high end system, almost the entire demo runs like a slideshow, at around 10FPS. The CPU test in particular runs at 0.5 - 1FPS the entire time.

10FPS...I'm getting 5FPS on a 6600GT and a 7800GTX is 3x-4x a 6600GT...

And if you want to see a slideshow, check out the CPU tests.

Flanker said:
7800GTXs DO NOT get a slideshow. Maybe during the CPU tests because of the processors, but I was getting ~7fps on a 6600GT, so I'm assuming like 25fps on a 7800GTX, and higher on 2 x 7800GTX.

i scored 5799. thats the highest i could go. on 7800GTX512, 2x 4800+@2.8.
g test1 average fps: 18.5
g test2 average fps: 20.5
cpu test 1: 0.66fps
cpu test 2: 1fps
g test3 average fps: 20.6
g test4 average fps: 27.1

all the graphix test looked like "laggy game" except the last snow 1, which was running better. but none of them r like "slide show". well...the cpu test...it is..

boomstick666 said:
i scored 5799. thats the highest i could go. on 7800GTX512, 2x 4800+@2.8.
g test1 average fps: 18.5
g test2 average fps: 20.5
cpu test 1: 0.66fps
cpu test 2: 1fps
g test3 average fps: 20.6
g test4 average fps: 27.1

all the graphix test looked like "laggy game" except the last snow 1, which was running better. but none of them r like "slide show". well...the cpu test...it is..

That comes out to 21.7FPS. I'd hardly call that a "slideshow."

The CPU tests are a slideshow...and a 6600GT is nearing a slideshow.

The CPU tests are meant to be a slideshow. So all you people worried about how your CPU blows, there is a reason.

The CPU tests are run in a fixed framerate (2fps) to make a more equal CPU load for all systems.

Source: http://www.futuremark.com/companyinfo/3DMark06_Whitepaper_v1_0_2.pdf
Note: This is a PDF doc link. The CPU test info is on page 18. Plus it has a lot of other good stuff. Havent had the time to read it all, though.

We KNOW our CPUs don't blow. Most of our CPUs are better than most other CPUs out there. But a CPU isn't programmed to render graphics. The instruction sets given to the videocards are what allow them to render as well as they do.

So no, even if the FPS cap were removed, out CPUs still wouldn't get anywhere near high FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom