Water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it wont, but its cheaper and id rather save the money. If the performance is really worth the extra cash then i will get the one i listed.

Well i wont be upgrading my LAN system. If i want i could put it on my main rig but i doubt that. Do you think i should get a better radiator? And some ppl have dual radiator systems how does that work?

please do not buy any Thermaltake water cooling kit as the quality on their parts are not very good. However, from the products you picked from Danger Den, you have an awesome pump, but the lowest end block and radiator. If you plan to cool your gpu as well, you should go dual 120mm radiator or at least a BIX. you really dont need a reservoir, but if you do not want to drill a hole in your case for a fillport then stick with the reservoir.

Heres my proposal: get the TDX block and D5 combo for only 108. Its a tiny bit more than the maze 4 and d5, but you get such a better block. Heres the link: http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=170&cat=69&page=1

Also, i know danger den inflates the weight on their products so shipping costs alil more. So if you want teh gpu block, some tygon tubing and arctic silver 5 and the radiator, i suggest you get them here: http://www.shoppts.com/watercooling.html. They dont charge you extra for gpu mounting hardware and danger stuff is cheaper there.

I forgot to add, you can buy 7/16" tygon tubing at PTS also. Its easier to work with then 1/2"

Thank you SIR! lol. Er, im cheap and id rather not pay more than 100 on any parts. Also any block will do better than the air i have now. Now thanks for the advice on the shop and radiator. I was wondering how good i could go on a radiator but they sorta all looked the same to me. Now i wanna keep it all in my case. I dont wanna have anything outside cause ill be taking this to a LAN party and i only have a mid tower case. Anything else?

is this self contained system any good for a slightly better performance increase apposed to the average air cooling? im also considering water cooling but without having the build my own as i know i will mess up. i myslef have considered the TT bigwater cooling system but i have read reviews on it and one review led me to this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835124007
how good is this one? for the price

Its really your opinion. If you have a good WC system then your temps will be down by far but something like the Bigwater is just like having a good copper heatpipe. I just want to get rid of my huge Volcano and some fans and possibly OC the 9800XT more by cooling it w/ water. Whereas that WC system is concerned i have no idea. Youd have to ask somebody around here cause ive never heard of it before.

yeah i decided what i am doing, instead of watercooling since its not practical for lanning imma get a nice zalmans after market cooler and a zalmans gpu cooler and AS5

Thats a good idea. I have UV cathodes so UV tubes and such will go great in my case. That also makes it look 1337 for LANS. Another question for later on down the road. Lets say i want 2 radiators or 2 pumps (w/e it takes) so i can cool my GPU/CPU/and chipset for some PCB mods. What do i have to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom