7300GS launched for 99$

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand why so many of you are creaming your panties about the name that NVIDIA decided to give this card.
GeForce 7300GS? To me... GS = Budget (This card is a budget card)
Just like the 6800GS and the 7800GS.

Big Deal! It isn't a marketing trick! They aren't trying to trick anyone into thinking that this card will compare to the 7800 series. The 7300 has 7 series features. Why not have a 7 series name? It's a budget card for mainstream users. The 7300GS isn't ment to Phase out any series card. It's a a new part of the 7 series, cheap and simple.

Like I posted before, this is an excellent option for budget PC's. And it's actually the best card to consider for a HTPC. Offloading mpeg-encoding to the GPU instead of the CPU, that's all this card is ment to do. A $99 replacement for Onboard Video - which sucks more then anything I can describe.

Get over it. It's the GeForce 7300GS - $99 Videocard.

Kitire said:
ONCE AND FOR ALL.

The vanilla 6800 does not equal to 6600gt.

A 2FPS difference isn't really that much.

I don't really think anyone's making a big deal of it, but I certainly agree with Pzero on that. The first number denotes the generation, the second the series. Nothing new or insidious.

Ya, I looked at it again and I guess they're replacing the 6200's. Lol I know a friend who doesn't know anything about comps and he asked if he could borrow Doom3 cause his dad bought a 6200 and it was 'made for Doom3'. Haha.. but hey, my friend's running an onboard 6100 and it plays Source games at high on 1024x768. Provided the fps are 20-40, but it's playable for a regular person, and you can drop to 8x6 if you had to.

Any way I like the idea of phasing out the 6 series cards for new 7's. I hope they do have a '7600' line, but it seems the 6800's are filling that position or will soon.

Lol, I can play BF2 maxed out w/4xAA and 1280x1024 at ~40FPS, so I'm happy :) Can drop the AA if needed.

And thats on a 6600GT that scored 1587 on 3DMark06.

So yes, a 7800GT will fugging run UT2K7 maxed out on 1280x1024.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom