a8v-deluxe problem (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregz

Baseband Member
Hello guys, a tricky one for u today::

Bought my comp about 6months ago, all was okay, till about 2 months ago after reinstalling windows I received a error that i had only a few times before that received:: cpu clock out ot range, cpu voltage out of range (or something like that) Press F2 to continue.. As i was thinking that ok seen this one before, so i Put F2... After this time, it came more frequently, and after a while F2 was my favorite key at each reboot. Okay the problem: Soon after this (or right with it cant remember, dont know it they are linked) my comp keyboard didnt work in reboot (in windows afterwards it did) this didnt wurry me at starter but slowly it became more and more frequent, and now each time i boot my computer i have to take keyboard off before it, so i dont get stuck to the Press F2 to continue cz it skips it if no keyboard in comp.
So now im sitting here, everything works fine in windows, but i cant acess bios.. and its really annoying cz my graphics card isnt working so well for some reason, (fps in games etc.) and i really need to get to bios.

things ive tried::

-flash bios
-update bios (doesnt want to do it for some reason, and once it did, but didnt help,)
-take hardware out and put them back
-reinstall windows
comp specs::
1-AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3000+, 1799MHz (40% Load) .:. usage: 236/512MB(ddr 333) (46.09%) .:. RADEON 9800 XT -
maxtor 80gig hardrive

thx alot for reading, Would appreciate all help cz im buying a new one this week.

ps. if u need any info on computer or questions just ask

Gregz-

I have a quite f rensh power supply installed, Antec smartpower 450w that should be enough, and dont think its broken

nitestick said:
to me this sounds like a power supply issue. try a new psu.

This is really not a power supply issue. The poster has tried virtually everything. This is also a rather common issue with the motherboard as well.

Just replace the motherboard, I had the same kind of issues with my A8V-Deluxe as well and I took an axe to it :)

oaky, should I buy the same one, or u guys could give me a hint on a cheap good motherboard. I mean a8v is cheap, but do I want the same one?

Gregz said:
oaky, should I buy the same one, or u guys could give me a hint on a cheap good motherboard. I mean a8v is cheap, but do I want the same one?

List what you can buy, as most AGP boards are unavailable. You don't want another A8V though, or do you?

Gregz said:
about 60-80e. Was thinking of the ASrock dual sata2

I would really try to stay away from Asrock and Asus (ASrock is made by Asus)

Try to look for MSI and DFI boards as a replacement. Also you can get a PCI-E board, but you will have to upgrade your graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom