Gaming computer questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy78951

Baseband Member
OK i am looking to have a computer built for me when I get my taxes back .It will be for gaming only.What would you guys build if you had about 1300$Also I have never built one before but I know I could assemble the thing but I dont know how to boot it up from dead and get windows xp installed.I dont know much about computers so I need all the info I can get.

Now the moniter:
I want this one http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=24053YR&category_id=4009
The only games I play now are Battelfeild 2 and Nascar racing 2003 sometimes Tiger Toods Golf.I read BF2 doesnt support wide screen does this make sence do games have to support wide screen and what would they look like if they dont.Do you think gosting would be a problem on this moniter?

Thanks for any info offered

You have a $1300 budget and yet you're going to spend almost 900 for a monitor? From Dell?

Good luck.

If I were you, I would keep a current monitor or get a decent CRT and put the rest into hardware. Limited time this morning, but I can help you this afternoon if no one else has.

1300 bucks for the tower or for the whole system?

I believe you could build something that wouldn't "ghost" on you, but that doesn't mean it won't still happen if you are using a dial-up connection.

<<If I were you, I would keep a current monitor or get a decent CRT and put the rest into hardware. Limited time this morning, but I can help you this afternoon if no one else has.>>

I completely agree with that statement.

1300 just for the computer itself the moniter is seprate.Is this not enough to build a decent gaming rig?If it isnt to bad for me becouse I already think this is a little much just to play video games

that's plenty of cash to build a good rig. IM me on on AOL if you need help configuring. Any of the other guys would be happy to help, but don't take thier advice w/out second opinions.

Ryan

1300 for the tower is sufficient to put something together. I would make sure I checked Newegg.com first before I bought something retail, because they usually have the best prices on whatever you are buying. Example, the RAM for my new system is almost 40 bucks cheaper a stick there vs. my local computer parts store.

My tower only cost me $820, after shipping it was $890. Got it all on NewEgg.com. I play any game on full settings...except fear which I play on all high settings. Now with $1300, you could get what I got and upgrade say the video card to a 7800GT/X, and the processor to a Opteron 175 (whatever a good one is, idk optys yet). Good luck, you should come out with pretty decent system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom