build now or wait for new cpus and video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinetic

Solid State Member
Hello

I have a dell thats about 3 years old and I'm thinking of building my first compter.

Specs

3.0 hrtz
2 gigs of ram"cheap stuff"
x800xl video
120 gig hard drive
17 inch lcd
and 3dmark05 score is 5100 and 3dmark06 is 1654

The question is would you build now, or wait for the next generation of cpu and video cards. I would go with amd duel core and nivdia. My budget would be about 3000.My present system does play games on the ok side,but would like a better systme for gaming.

Thank You
George

yeah i would definitely hold off at least until summer, especially if you have $3000 to spend, and your pc plays games ok right now.

3 years seems like an exageration, the 800xl wasnt out 3 years ago. I think that was around when the 9600 or 9800 were popular.

Either way id keep that system and wait for widows vista and directx 10.

The pc came with a 9800 128 and I upgraded to an x800xl.And it also only came with 1 gig, but when bf2 came out i bought another.

Ok, wait for 2 things Socket M2, and G71 from nvidia when those both come out, then you should build.

Im waiting until next christmas prices will drop and ther'll be a butt load of sales going on, I CANT WAIT!!!

If you are anything like me, you'll build now.

A system built with current hardware will play plenty of games for the next few years. Well, a $3000 PC with current hardware that is.

We're close enough to the new stuff coming out that I think patience will help. All of the prices will drop down a notch unless these companies get silly and keep all prices and just add more expensive technology. If that happens, just build...

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom