7300GS launched for 99$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twizted_3kgt said:
You're all wrong, it's all hearsay, not gonna happen.

That's just my uninterested/uneducated opinion. :)

I did learn one good thing from that article though...my birthday is on Chinese New Year!

If it's uninterested and uneducated, why are you wasting your time telling all of us we're wrong?

It's a possibility, but from the way you stated that, you're just taking a wild guess.

Same reason you are wasting your time asking me, not doing anything else right now.

And yes, it's a wild guess...hence the "uneducated" :)

The 7300GS for $99 is a perfect card for a budget system. A system that is only going to use say, "512MB" of RAM. This card comes with 64MB or 128MB memory. This would eliminate RAM sharing, which in a budget system can't be afforded.

Also, motherboards that have Onboard Video, general suck. Mostly they are mATX. This card is much better then onboard. Giving budget system builders more flexiblity in motherboard choices.

This card is perfect for DVD's, PHOTO'S, DUAL DISPLAY SETTINGS... etc...

I think it's a good thing.

yah but the name is not they gave it is not a good thing the GS branding to make it sell more it no way compares to the 6800GS so when people see 6800GS and 7300GS what card do you see them buying? :) and nvidia would not lose out on 6800GS sales because knowledgable gamers would know better.

Having recently had to trawl through internet review site and forum after forum to find out what graphics card to get next, I know that its hard enough trying to keep up with all the different models of graphics cards as it is, without trying to trick innocent buyers with such a blatent marketing ploy.

Dont get me wrong; I think its good that nvidia are still catering for all budgets, they just could have chosen a better name for the thing.

Thats just my opinion anyway.:mad:

They are doing that because they are a business, and a business is in the field of making money, and what better way to make money?

Seriously, this is an amazing budget card. All the features of GeForce 7 in a $500 build, can't ask for more.

It's just an up-to-date bottom of the line budget card...not for us gamers...but for non-gamers on a budget.

I don't think anybody would be stupid enough to look at a 7800GS for $99 and a 6800GS for $200 and not question why the lower number costs twice as much. It's not a marketing trick, they probably put it in the 7-series so people know its up to date. If they named it the 5800gs, no one would even consider buying it cuz 5-series are long gone.

It seems to replace the 6600 line of cards... There's several models, but they all are in the 6600 price ranges with I'd assume comparable performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom