Upgrading Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
also... i know a few things about computers but i dont think im smart enough to bulid my own computer i wouldnt know what parts to buy and put what and what together... :-/

to be more specific i have a hp a1010y i dont think its that old is it... i just think the motherboards crap... it has up to 4 gigs of ram...and can go more than a 3.06 ghz processor...

I was just assuming you had a Dell. Saying you're not smart enough to build your own isn't the way to go. If you'd like a great PC for the best price that you'd appreciate a lot more because you did the work, you should build your own. If you spend some time researching about hardware (reading these forums helps) and guides on how to build a PC, you should be able to do it.

If you get the time, open your PC and look and see if the motherboard is screwed down to the case or if it's permanently attached.

i honestly dont think i am... but honestly i dont think the rest of the specs on my computer are that bad... whats the deal with riser cards?? making a pci slot to a agp slot? making a pci slot to a pci-e slot? i dont get them what exactly are they?

I don't know much about those, but they obviously make an AGP / PCI-E out of a PCI slot. What I wonder is how it would fit in your case so you could plug stuff into it, and how the performance is. Maybe someone can come by that has experience with these and answer that question.

i also have been looking at computer places online such as alienware and they seem very expensive... and trust me my pockets arent that deep... and i truely dont think i could build my own computer... so.... what are my options ... :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom