Intel to drop the name "Pentium" from its processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
talldude123 said:
i wonder when this is going to happen, they just started making pentium D...whats next? Pentium 2 D?

Well, according to their new plan. It'll be Intel 2 D. Which just sounds... well.... dumb. Good Job Intel! :rolleyes:

I think it's a refreshing change. However, I think they should take after AMD and start labeling their CPUs by type. AMD has Opteron, Athlon, etc, and it's just a refreshing difference than hearing the same name all the time.

actually, in 15-20 years, intel won't exist, because more people will probably buy AMD's because of their low price.

Does anybody know when dell is going to use AMD's?

There is a huge percentage of the people that don't even know that AMD even exists. Like someone else posted earlier, people think that the "CPU" is actually called the "Pentium" Then again a lot of people refer to the "PC" as a "CPU" or a "HARDDRIVE".

I had a guy who was interested in a PC for his son for Christmas. His son is an avid W.O.W player. I recommended we build an AMD system.
He was like, "AMD"? What is that? Is that a type of Pentium? lol... I tried to explain the benefits AMD has over INTEL in gaming and it just went in one ear and out the other. But, he was stuck on Pentium 4's and refused the AMD build. He didn't care about the Price/Performance difference. So I built him an Intel/Nvidia system.

A few months later, he called me. He had been reading articles online about AMD vs. INTEL. Then he has the nerve to ask me if it's possible to convert over to AMD. I said sure... But my labor time is going to be double the cost. He decided to stick to Intel.

If you're paying someone to build you a PC. Listen to their advice. They probably have much more experience then you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom