Cases?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have run into this question a hundred times. The answer you are looking for is that your parts inside your factory built tower have about a 99% chance of not fitting inside an empty case you just bought. There are several reasons for this but th main reason is because you have a system there that is made by a manufacturor and that company made that system to their specifications. The board might not fit correctly onto the plate of the new tower, and the Power Supply might not fit correctly into the new tower. There is that possibility that the system you bought will fit into a new tower, that the company that made that tower actually used some standard equipment. In my business, I have experienced this luck about 25% of the time. Some parts usually fit, and some usually don't. The bottom line when you buy a factory built system is that you are pretty much stuck with that board and tower unless you purchase a clean tower and new board and start from scratch. How else are these companies going to make their money after the sale?? :)

Hope that helps

The answer you are looking for is that your parts inside your factory built tower have about a 99% chance of not fitting inside an empty case you just bought. There are several reasons for this but th main reason is because you have a system there that is made by a manufacturor and that company made that system to their specifications. The board might not fit correctly onto the plate of the new tower, and the Power Supply might not fit correctly into the new tower.

The beauty of the eMachine.

Off-the-shelf parts means that they will interchange.

One of the reasons I actually like mine.

Well, if the e-machines are that way then that is excellent. Many of the other factory built systems I have been asked to do this with will not. Several HPs, and most all Dells, and I believe there was a Gateway with the same situation one time a couple of years ago.

yeah dells mobo are attached to this tray like sheet opf metal that will not come off unless you break the mobo or have excellent skill with a titanium dremel bit ive already tryed on like 3 dells and none of them worked.

æArchOAngelæ said:
yeah dells mobo are attached to this tray like sheet opf metal that will not come off unless you break the mobo or have excellent skill with a titanium dremel bit ive already tryed on like 3 dells and none of them worked.

I hate Dell so much. I can't wait to I can get rid of this piece of crap I'm on right now :\.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom