Hi, Building new computer need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingwoz

Beta member
Hi there,
I would like some advice computer techs please :)

I’m currently doing my PC rebuild (occurs every 5 years) Budget is around £1500. I think I have pretty much decided most of the computer components, but unsure on the graphics card and RAM. I’ve decided to go for a total new computer starting from the ground up here is what I think I may get:

Case
Antec P180 EU Aluminium Super Miditower - No PSU

Motherboard
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 Nvidia NF4 ATX - Sound 2 x GIGA LAN 1394a USB 2.0 1066 MHz FSB SATA-R

CPU
AMD Athlon 64 (ADA4400CDBOX) X2 4400+ socket 939 Dual Core 2.2Ghz 1Mb and 1Mb Cache

HD
Western Digital WD740GD 74GD "Raptor" 10,000RPM SATA/150 8MB Cache - OEM

PSU
Hiper 580W Type-R Modular PSU - Black with UV reacted cables

Leaves me the RAM and the Graphics card to get. The Ram I was thinking of was the the Corsair Twin X 2048-3500LLPRO 2GB recommended by Asus for the motherboard. Ideally I would like 2 gig of ram. However IÂ’m unsure of a few things if this is good ram (seems to have good timings with ok reviews), or am I able to use better say the Corsair 4000XMS (wasnÂ’t to clear on the Mobo Website).

Graphics card, I was very close to buying Gecube X1800XT 512mb PCI-E 600MHz
But a friend of mine said I should wait for the X1900 series which is due out soon. I'm all in favour of this however, would u recommend I wait for the new cards (I would like the best available i.e. for games) which would last me the due course (My half-life2, future games like Vanguard and alike), or is the any other cards like the NVIDIA cards, which one recommends.

My budget is around the £1500 mark give or take. Where if anywhere should I look to improve the components I have chosen, and also what ram/graphics card should I get (wanting high end performance). Any help in these areas would be most welcome.
Thanks for your time.
:D

Ive heard good things about G.Skill ram, they are good to overclock and arent that expensive. And i would recommend a 7800GTX nvidia card, make sure you choose a good manufacturer ;). And get a OCZ PSU because they are the best.

With the ram i would go for some from OCZ there the best for ocing and they allow you to oc your ram and u still have a lifetime warrenty. Most if you overclock it and something happens there warrenty is valid. I would also get a 7800GT.

GoodNews101 said:
The X1800XT is a very nice card. Personally I would buy a name brand power supply. I never heard of Hiper.

Hiper is a very good brand and very popular, i have the model that he suggested and can confirm that it is very good

the X1800XT is a very good card that is good value for money as well, the 7800GTX is the least value for money 7800GT is better value than both, but the "worst" out of the three (its still brilliant btw)

I would recommend waiting until the X1900 series comes out. See if the performance and price is a good fit for you. If it isn't, it will at least push the prices down for the X1800 series and possibly the 7800GTX if Nvidia markets it that way.

Also, Nvidia is coming out with a new series. I believe the 7900? I'm not too familiar with it though. I also don't know when that card, or the X1900 is supposed to be release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom