Optical Drives not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDrIoT69

In Runtime
I decided to make a new post because my other was sloppy and i was half asleep writing it, so heres my new one.

A few days ago, i bought Black and White 2, installed it, yada yada yada, works good. Since i reformat every 4 months or so (makes me feel better) i havent dl'ed Service Pack 2, so i decided to.

It could be a conwinkydink, but i noticed after i restarted, my optical drives made some funny noises during boot up. I thought nothing of it cuz they've made the sound some what like the way it was.

So, last night i put in my BF 2 disk into my DVD drive and nothing happens. I go to my computer, nothing. Its not reading, but when i put a disk in, i can here it doing something, like its running then slows down, runs, slows down, etc, then it stops making any noise.

And my CDRW drive also, is not working. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Do i need to get new drives. Did mine burn out?

If i just need new ones that cool, but i need to reformat soon, comp running slow on start up...

Did you do anything interanlly in the case or add/remove anything from your mobo? Are both the drives slave/master on the secondary IDE channel? If they are, go into control panel>system>hardware>device manager and find the secondary IDE icon, right click, choose delete and then reboot. Don't worry, your system will find them Plu & Play and reconfigure them at reboot. Make sure that the IDE cable is not pulled loose or damaged. Are you getting any error codes in windows, particularly Error Code 39? Try the above and let us know what happens. You sluggish puter is probably due to hd fragmentation, spyware (if you scan regularly, the least likely) or two many programs running in the background in startup which can be reconfigured by going to Run and typing in MSconfig and click the start button and then remove evrythng except for anitvirus and spyware detectors from startup. Anyway, any progress?

So do uninstall on the Secondary IDE Channel, and reboot. Whats Plu & Play. When you say reconfigure them at boot, you mean in bios or when its doing loading.

Not getting any errors, didnt do anything in the case. Just want to make sure im doing this right = P

To each if both the drives slave/master on the secondary IDE channel, is it in the bios?

Ahh ok, CDRW is working ( i must have put in DVD cd's into it before) but DVD drive is not.

Should i just go out and get a new DVD drive. I contacted the manufactor, they basically said im s*** outta luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom