• corsair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • oc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GoodNews101 said:
ATI has been putting out some awsome cards lately. I have had both nVidia and ATI and I like them both. I think there are tremendous offerings by both companies at the present moment.

True, it seems like not a lot of people know about the X1800 series and still consider the X800 series. The X800s were crap, but the X1800 series is pretty good competition to the GeForce 7.

beedubaya, wouldn't you say though that the GTO model of the 800 series, especially the 800 GTO2 is good quality? I know a number of people that have them and swear by them. Of course with 3.0 shader and DirectX 10 around the corner we'll be having another round upon round upon round of new debates!

GoodNews101 said:
beedubaya, wouldn't you say though that the GTO model of the 800 series, especially the 800 GTO2 is good quality? I know a number of people that have them and swear by them. Of course with 3.0 shader and DirectX 10 around the corner we'll be having another round upon round upon round of new debates!

Stay clear of the X800 series completely. Yes, some of them were not bad for their time, but their value has gone away with the release of newer GeForce 6 and 7 series and also ATI X1800 series cards. A lot of people are ATI fans and get X800 cards just because they don't know anything else, but it just isn't practical now.

I got my X850 XT only because I was going to get a 6800 GT, but there was a special deal, and the X850 XT was only about $30 more. I looked at the clock speeds and im like O YEAH!! Literally the next month, the whole PSM 3.0 movement sprang up.

dhw200 said:
I got my X850 XT only because I was going to get a 6800 GT, but there was a special deal, and the X850 XT was only about $30 more. I looked at the clock speeds and im like O YEAH!! Literally the next month, the whole PSM 3.0 movement sprang up.

Yeah the thing thats tempting me to get an X850 XT is that its the same price as a 6800, and I was impressed by the actual specs of the card, and a few reviews ive read it has beat the 6800 in terms of framerate on Half Life and Far Cry, although whats the deal with psm 3? what is it and how does it affect gameplay?

I'd imagine from what ive read it ups the visual effects, but does it really make that much difference? And is it worth getting a 6800 over an x850 xt purely because of this?

Anyone know which would be faster out of the two cards at the above games?

thanks all for your comments so far!

lance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom