Cant get certain CDs to work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoMan813

In Runtime
I get PC Gamer magazine and every issue comes with a demo CD. I havent been able to get a single one of the CDs to come up on my computer. When I insert them, the sound comes on from the background of the CD and a box pops up for it in the task bar, it is also in the task manager, but nothing comes up on the screen. The only way I have of accessing the CDs are by going to my computer and explore the drive I put the disc in. Any thoughts?

I bought this kind of stuff for years and the mag always told me how to use the disk.
It's just a bunch of demo's anyway.Just saves downloading.
Do you have autorun enabled ?

Try it

yashar said:
i really don't think so but it would be a funny way to trick people into buyin mags.

Why comment if you havn't ? Spent $ 15 US or $20 Cdn.
Make great coasters.
It's not a trick,just saves a lot of demo downloads,i thought i said that.
:amazed:

Yes, I have autorun enabled. I was just curious if this was a problem or nothing serious that I shouldnt even worry about.

Is it just with those particular cd's? Or do all cd's have this same effect... If its just those, they maybe you dont have active x installed or something... Whatever it needs to run your computer is lacking... At least thats what it sounds like to me

NO

MoMan813 said:
Yes, I have autorun enabled. I was just curious if this was a problem or nothing serious that I shouldnt even worry about.

If you can read it it's not a problem,what exactly did you want to happen ?
Did you read the book ? Did it not Splain what you get ?
Just a bunch of demos to save you downloading.
I choose to DL and save my money.

:p

MoMan813 i remember when i bought a certain magazines all their CD's were trash, many files were corrupt due to physical flaws on the disc. you probably are having the same issue. i also know for certain playboy DVD's are also trash, there is a hardware failure noticable in every DVD i've seen causing glitches and stuttering

Dont fret man, it is nothign to worry about. Its free stuff anyway, and it is nothing pertinent to your way of life... Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom