too many choices. help!!! building a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
my plans:
build a pc for less than 700-800$

i already have a 19" lcd monitor and i will not use CRT so i probably wont need analog output on video card

which will be used mostly for :
1)music(mp3 encoding/editing and all that sound stuff)
2photoshop
3 movies
4 games sometimes(tron2,nfsu,quake3....)
5internet

choice 1
microATX ,intel CPU,pciExpress,DDR2 800mhz?
2.8 800mhz P4,128mb ddr3nvidia,512mb of ddr2 ram
and of curse cd dvd HD soundcard and all that lil stuff

choice2
microATX intel CPU, SLI or AGP?,DDR400(800mhz)
3.0 800mhz P4, 256mb nvidia card, 1-2gig of ddr400

my questions
which cpu out of intels is better?LGA775?
should i get DDR2 or is it still too early
should i get PCI express or AGP video card

why amd ? did i miss anythingin past coupla months?
i thought intel was better for multimedia applications
also those are not real systems those are possible combinations i was thinkin about and i need soem feedback as far as which one would be more effective or u can give me some ideas on what u think will work together best
the video card will be somwhere in range of 100-160 bucks

yes intel is generally still better for multimedia. so you are probebly best sticking with them

vic card well if ur not a seriouse gamer then a 128mb 6600GT might be appropirate as they are like $120

as for SLI or AGP u want neither
u want just a plain PCI-E mobo cos SLI is a wast of cash. micro atx are a pain in the *** to work with aswell so stear clear of that.

last thing is that whether its 128mb or 256mb isn't that important (u wrote 256mb nvidia card) cs that 256mb card could well be a 6200 wich are absolute pices of crap for gaming. a 6600GT 6800GS or a 7800GT are the 3 best cards on the market in terms of bang for buck in my oppinion so if u get any of them u should feel happy with the performance for the amount u paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom