My friend has 3K. What should we order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those ViewSonic VX series monitors are super sweet! 3ms response time and great quality. I would do serious research on RAID first to see if this something you actually want to/need to do.

i would wait cause in the next few months or maybe sooner ATI is releasing the X1900 series and closely after that Nvidia is releasing the 7900 which scored a 13000 on 3Dmark05 while the X1900 scored only 51 points higher and it was in crossfire.

And one last thing i would go for 1 or 2 of the new 150gig raptors.

truebe said:

Is Serial ATA150 a large upgrade from SATA?

Serial ATA150 is SATA (the S in SATA is Serial). I thought the same thing when I first joined untill pzerofgh filled me in.

You should also look into the WD raptor 150GB hard drives.

(I just realized that me and pzerofgh have the same birthday)

Yea he should wait till the new graphics cards come out. Also don't get the Fatal1ty version of the X-Fi it's a waste of money, get the extreme music version.

Tell him not to get the X-Fi Fatal!ty FPS. The 64MB of XRAM doesn't give you any noticable performance increase. May-be 1-2 FPS. But with that system, at the high FPS's you'll already be getting, you won't see the extra 1 to 2 FPS. Also the Frontpanel control thing is useless. I've used mine like twice in 3 months.

Tell hime to just get the X-fi xtrememusic. It's like $140 less with out frontpanel and XRAM. And it is 24 times more powerful then the Audigy 2 ZS.

Beefcake said:
Yea he should wait till the new graphics cards come out. Also don't get the Fatal1ty version of the X-Fi it's a waste of money, get the extreme music version.

WHOA! That wasn't there when I posted mine... lol
Are you reading my mind... scary

Re: Re: My friend has 3K. What should we order?

Beefcake said:
Serial ATA150 is SATA (the S in SATA is Serial). I thought the same thing when I first joined untill pzerofgh filled me in.

You should also look into the WD raptor 150GB hard drives.

(I just realized that me and pzerofgh have the same birthday)

Yes, isn't that SATA different from SATA150. Right?

Can you plug in a guitar in the X-FI Fatal!ty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom