urgent help needed asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITZBVAN005

In Runtime
last nite i partitioned my 80 gb harddrive which has linux suse on it and on my 250 gb harddrive i have windows xp pro and today i went to restart my pc and this message comes up it said GRUB i couldnt do anything to get passed it what should i do to fix it. someone please please please please please please please help i am in dire need of help here the reason why i partitioned it was bc i wanted to put another o/s on the harddrive that linux is on i wanted to do a tri-boot i want windows xp pro,linux suse, and windows 2000. thats why i partitioned it. can someone please help me out here please.is my computer ****ed up. can it be fixed, what should i do to fix it

all i could recommend is trying to reformat...i know it sucks, but you might have to

can you attach your defective hard drive to a different PC, and burn files onto cd that you really need?

sounds to me like you have a bad sector in your hard drive, alteast that what I had, but who knows, I could be wrong

1) I would suggest putting in the XP disk and try recovery console to repair the MBR; reason being that GRUB replaced the MBR, and the config file for grub, lilo are on the linux partition to my recollection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom