Printer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

flgirl

In Runtime
We have an Epson Dot matrix printer that only connects with a parallel cable and our new computer doesnt have a parallel port, so I bought a parallel to USB adapter. Installed everything correctly, made sure to have USB 001 checked under the ports tab in the Epson Printer properties, also made sure to uncheck the enable bidirectional support, but every time I reboot the computer the enable bidirectional support is rechecked and I have to every morning uncheck it before starting the days work.What is causing this to recheck with every reboot or start up???

Running windows home xp with service pack 2

My first thought was that it was going to re-check itself b/c of the parallel connection to the printer.... Im still researching .........

Ok... So :

In the epson software options there should be bidirectional support... Which you have unchecked...

Did you also uncheck the bidirectional support in your "Printer" options as well ?

[ Right-click on the printer, then go to "Properties". Click on the "Details" tab, then click on the "Spool Settings" button. If it is not grayed out, make sure that the "Disable bi-directional support . . ." radio button is checked. Click [OK]. Click [Apply] if not grayed out ]

Right-click on the printer, then go to "Properties". Click on the "Details" tab, then click on the "Spool Settings" button. If it is not grayed out, make sure that the "Disable bi-directional support . . ." radio button is checked. Click [OK]. Click [Apply] if not grayed out ]

In my Printer properties I have a general, sharing, ports, advanced, utility, devise settings tabs
Under the ports tab is where the enable bidirectional support needs to be unchecked but with a reboot it rechecks itself.

Interesting... Is there Bidirectional support options in the epson software too ? You may need to uninstall the software, then reinstall with the advanced option. You may need to skip over the bidirectional portion of the install.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 2x's now and not seen anything about bidirectional support

Have you looked through all the tabs and options for both the epson software and the actual printer properties ? Some models will have multiple bidirectional settings that are buried in the options somewhere. Can you find spool settings anywhere ? You may want to try: (disabling "Spool MS-DOS Print Jobs" and "Check Port State Before Printing".)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom