2 Computers....1 Monitor???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silesia said:
$25 for a switch box. Is that just for your VGA, or it that a true KVM Switch Box that will give you Keyboard and mouse.

but inless its usb keyboard/mouse
everytime you turn on a computer the mouse/keyboard has to be connected before boot or else it wont work.

I had heard that there are KVM switches on the market, that also have sound on them. I don't know who makes it, but when I get home from work tonight, I'll take a look.

there are but for the feature of audio splitting they are not worth the extra money you can find the spliting cables for allot less

So will I have to have both keyboards and mouses hooked up for them to work or will just one of both work using a KVM switch?

with a kvm you have one keyboard one mouse one monitor and multiple computers (depending on the size of the switch you get)

yep. Used a kvm switch at a previous job, where I had to work on servers. 1 monitor, mouse, and keyboard, and we had 6 computers that were connected to the kvm switch.

Thanks for the help everyone. Now all I need is to look around and see where I can get the KVM switch the cheapest.

I saw both of the ones you all posted. I dont know a lot about them, so whats the differences and which one really is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom