good LAN party PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyX

Baseband Member
I am thinking about making a VERY decent LAN party computer, and would like to know what some good parts are. I want a case with lights and all, but I want one that I can put a handle on (cuz I have a mini ATX tower now and it sucks to carrry), I need a good HDD and a good ethernet card/ wirless card. I was also wondering if I were to buy a 6 port ethernet card if other people could plug directly into my PC.

Thank you,
Da natoriouse CowboyX

there aren't any 6 port ethernet cards, but you can get a hub, router or switch for it
as for the case, it's really your preference. different people like different cases.
I like Lian-Li cases, they are pretty moddable if you want a handle on it.

cowboyX said:

Spending that much on the case, processor, etc., yet you're getting a really crappy video card (I had the MX440, and I traded up for a Radeon 9700 Pro. MX440 was absolutely terrible for gaming), and that "water cooler" is just one heatsink - not the kit you need.

Your video card should not be the least expensive thing in your system - that should tip you off. Your optical drive is more expensive than your vid. card.......

yeah I agree, with apok , I couldn't believe it when I saw you wanted that GPU, especially seeing that gaming will be high on your priority list as you do intend to go to Lan party's. You should get a pretty high end GPU if you want to get optimum performance from your GPU + CPU combo. If I were you, I wouldn't go any lower than 6800gs.

the 7800 GT's are a great video card for the money. if you don't have enough, you could drop to a 4400+
the difference between 4400+ and 4800+ isn't all that big

well I just relized I should get a job before I get a new PC (was fired a few days ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom