hotmail on Microsoft outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-axe

Baseband Member
Can anyone help me with the right configuration, so that I can check my hotmail emails on microsoft outlook. thanks

Yeah, just get Hotmail Plus, it'll enable POP3 for you in order to use with Outlook!
Or you can setup a Gmail account to get free access to your mail using Outlook.
Regard!

Check to see if you have POP3 options anywhere in your Hotmail preferences or options. You may need to enable it.

This will show you the POP3 server address that you can manually add into your outlook. You will need to setup another profile in your outlook for this POP3 access.

Edit : It will most likely look a litttle like:

POP3 – mail.hotmail.com
SMTP – mail.hotmail.com

1. Start Outlook, and on the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
2. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click to select the Add a new E-mail Account option, and then click Next.
3. In the Server Type dialog box, click HTTP.
4. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, enter the required information by using the following guidelines:a. User Information• Your Name: This should be your full name.
• E-mail Address: This is your Hotmail address. Your e-mail address usually takes the form of a combination of your first and last name, separated by the at sign (@) and followed by Hotmail.com. For example, John Doe uses an e-mail address of JohnD@Hotmail.com.

b. Log on Information• User Name: This will usually be the part of your e-mail address to the left of the at sign (@).
• Password: You select your password.
• You can click to select the check box to have Outlook remember your e-mail account password.

c. Server Information• HTTP Mail Service Provider: (Hotmail): This menu lists all of the Web e-mail providers that are enabled; Hotmail is available in this list.
• Server URL: Another choice is available in the HTTP Mail Service Provider box. If you click Other, the Server URL text box is available. You can enter the URL location of your HTTP e-mail service here.

d. Click More Settings. This takes you to the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, where you can modify your Internet E-mail Account.

I know it works because I just now did it. I synced it with my work outlook. took about 1 min to setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom