Windows Vs. Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchonee

Beta member
Hey everyone,

So after I moved out on my own, I decided that it was (finally) time to get a laptop. So I've been shopping around, and really liked the Mac's powerbook. So I started looking more into it, but found out I could get a discount (I'm rather cheap, -.-'') on a Dell laptop. So, trapped between the two, I asked some friends for advice. They mostly pointed to the Dell, because they don't like Apple, but their arguments werenÂ’t really, well, good. So one of them suggested IBM, and said that even though they aren't focused on personal computers anymore, they had some pretty decent stuff. I haven't looked into it, but figured I'd ask around on some forums to see some pros and cons to both.

Some other random information:
-I already have the cds with software for the Mac
-I've been using a Mac for, well, a really long time, considering it is recommended for my java work and such.
-I have nothing against Windows; I've just never used it.

If you have any other suggestions, or could fill me in on some things you like/don't like about either, that'd be awesome!

Here's what I'm looking at:
Mac Link: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...7201005/wo/3U5Lv8cw5sAL3is92C5PMe3TTf8/2.?p=0
Dell Link: http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=iXM140S4&s=dhs

Thanks!

It's the matter of choice! Just choose what you love the most!
I thinks the 2 systems both work very excellent, nothing really clearly to compare between.
Regard.;)

nobody is trying to start a war here.
if it does go in that direction, that's what the mods are for.

watchonee, personally I'd say go for the Mac. they are great systems.
on the other hand, I believe that Dell computers are not very good, despite whatever discounts they give you.

PC- Doesn't match your curtains
Mac- Comes in all types of flavors

PC- Fast as ****
Mac- Slower than a slug

PC- Has colored windows
Mac- Has bright neon apples

PC- Has more viruses
Mac- Crashes because of itself

PC- Can have more than 1 drive in computer
Mac- Has 1 drive built into the monitor

PC- User friendly
Mac- Even more user friendly