Cases?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest1on

In Runtime
how do i check if the case will fit in my old computer or not ? i want to get this
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1446794&CatId=0

or this http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=006429&cid=CS.664

how do i know if it will fit on my computer or not??
my computer is
emachines w2828

google it :)

wat im plannin to get
6800 gs
2 gigs corsair
case (with power supply)
thanks

P.S
is it good to use the cases power supply cuzz i dont wanan buy a power supply id rather buy a case with a power supply so like would the power supply from the case run these specs

2.0 ghz semp
2 gig corsair
6800 gs
80 gb HD

I don't understand. You asked if the case would fit in your old computer or not? Do you mean your old computer's hardware? Elaborate please.

yea like i asked someone if i can buy a new case and they were like some computesr dont fit in this kinda case yea know?

I assume you mean your motherboard. The things to look for in the case is ATX, micro ATX, and baby ATX or something. Those refer to the size of the motherboard. Down on the X-Cruiser's specifications it says:

Form Factor
ATX Mid-Tower

Compatible Motherboards
ATX
Micro ATX

That basically means what types of motherboards that the case supports.

You did not list a motherboard or CPU in your first post, so I assume that is what you're getting at. If you're planning on upgrading your video card, you need to make sure your motherboard is compatible. Do you have any specific details on your current motherboard? Or are you possibly considering upgrading the motherboard too? If so, you will also need to make sure it's compatible with your AMD 2.0 ghz SEMPRON (the socket type) if you aren't upgrading the CPU.

If you didn't understand any of this, let me know.

honestly id suggest doin alittle research on the building a pc thread located in the same section or this link
and id read the whole thing. you might think its alittle much but if your going to be spending alot of money id read it to be safe. understand the socket types the motherboard interfaces and all that.

children of bodom is the $I-Iit

æArchOAngelæ said:
children of bodom is the $I-Iit

<3

As ArchOAngel said, read that thread and possibly a little more research to further familiarize yourself with the specifics in the hardware side of PCs, and then post further questions you may have. It'll help you immensely.

i dont even get wat u guys said .. LOL anyways how do i check if mine is like ATX or ATX micro or something??

im rather lost now. i highly suggest reading the thread to get a better understanding of the motherboard form factors. the black case you specified the thermaltake soprano is a good case, when using a psu that comes with a case its a risk but it should last you long enought to earn 70$ to buy a new one like an antec truepower psu. as for the form factors (ATX, micro atx..) the motherboard will say what size it is and the form factor. the case should also tell you what form factors it supports, i beleive the soprano case you linked to earlier supports both ATX and micro ATX. depending on the motherboard you buy. you will have to suit it with a case that supports its.

i highly suggest reading the "how to." thread as closly as possible.

quest1on said:
i dont even get wat u guys said .. LOL anyways how do i check if mine is like ATX or ATX micro or something??
well, micro ATX is smaller than ATX, usually with 2 or 3 expansion slots at most

and a micro ATX motherboard will fit into a normal ATX case

Your motherboard is a microATX, and will fit in either of those cases with plenty of room to spare.

Using the PSU that comes with a case can be dicey. I don't know how good Aspire's PSU's are.

Your best bet would be to buy a decent PSU for the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom