I need help with an intel motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I don't know a lot about intel motherboards. I need a cpu that will fit that is at least 2.6ghz. What do you recommend? It has to be an intel. I built a computer for a guy and his sign machine and it is not compatible with an amd chip. Help is needed fast.

Abit and Asus are poor quality products. Go with Gigabyte or Intel for the motherboard when it comes to building an Intel based PC.

Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo(REV 1.1) Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 915P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Why do these boards have 2 slots ddr400 and 2 of ddr2 533?

Is this board ABIT GD8 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 915P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
compatible with this cpu
Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 800MHz FSB 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 EM64T Processor - Retail

It is, but that is an old *** chipset. Try to get at least a 925 chipset, but more preferably 945 or higher.

And yes, Asus and Abit are good brands for Intel, Asus actually being the most popular for Intel OC'ing at the moment.

Ok, now answer me this. I have to change the motherboard and the cpu because of incompatability with a piece of equipment it will be running. Will I have to uninstall the os and then reinstall. The only thing I will be changing is the mobod and cpu. I have an oem xp pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom