Saving Norton Antivirus Update files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez Monster said:
thats an awesome site....lots of good stuff....they are vbs scripts and reg files....

Yah, can't agree more.
Will occupy me days, no, I should say weeks, to finish reading the stuff in there!
Thx buddy!

this was how I did it when I use to use norton. I would use the windows file and tranfer wizard to save norton files. then I would install xp then norton then tranfer the files back. this is where people mess up. they install the settings first, then install the program which destroy most of the saved data

also most programs save their updated files and settings to the C:\Documents and Settings\Yourusername\Application Data
and not the program files folder

EricB said:
this was how I did it when I use to use norton. I would use the windows file and tranfer wizard to save norton files. then I would install xp then norton then tranfer the files back. this is where people mess up. they install the settings first, then install the program which destroy most of the saved data

also most programs save their updated files and settings to the C:\Documents and Settings\Yourusername\Application Data
and not the program files folder

Thanks Eric for your input.

Is there an easy way to tell which are the update files, not just for Norton Antivirus but others as well?

Thx in advance for any feedback.

I haven't mess with norton in over a year and a half. I join here and learn that are better alternatives like kaspersky, nod32 and avast. I use nod32

EricB said:
I haven't mess with norton in over a year and a half. I join here and learn that are better alternatives like kaspersky, nod32 and avast. I use nod32

I've got used to Norton Antivirus user interface which,
to me is quite user friendly. May be when my subscription
expires I'll switch to one of the freeware you mentioned.
I've tried AVG but didn't find it as easy to use as Norton.

Can you let me know which is the update file for which software?
Thx

Small detail Sevenor; sorry is not directly related to your issue- but just to clarify: nod32 is not freeware as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom