PSU Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan611

Baseband Member
Ok guys I need help with my PSU. I just checked my PSU out and it is standard ATX size. That means it is 6"x3.5"x5.5". Now my computer is a sony and I have been reading on places like the sony forums that sony makes its PSU's a little smaller than standard size. But wait, why does mine have standard size dimensions? Can someone help me out with that and tell me if I can indeed upgrade my PSU? If I can, I checked my BIOS and I am going to list everything about temperatures and volts. NOW, THIS IS WHERE I ALSO NEED YOUR HELP? If I buy a new power supply will my computer malfunction? I have a 1.7 ghz pentium 4 processor and 512 mb of ram. Will my motherboard burn out if I put a new power supply in? The reason I am upgrading my power supply is because I want a good video card. My PSU's wattage is only about 250 watts. So I am looking to get a 400-500 watt power supply replacement that is ATX size if indeed I can put one in that fits and wont burn out my mobo. So here are the temps and volts. These are around what they show(Because as you know the temps frequently change but it is around the temps i post). It is like within 5 degrees difference either way.

MB Temp: 26.5C/79.5F
CPU Temp: 38.5C/101F
CPU Fan Speed: 4753 RPM(Also close to the average)
Power Fan Speed: 2220 RPM

Vcore Voltage 1.6v
+3.3V voltage 3.2v
+5V voltage 5.0v
+12V voltage 11.6v
-12V voltage -12.3v

Now with that first let me know if I can put a standard ATX power supply in there. If I can will it burn out anything in my comp. Next can you guys help me find a good power supply for under $70.00 that is between 400-500 watts. Thank guys I appreciate it. Please reply ASAP. Thanks.

EDIT: ALSO WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ATX AND ATX12V? COULD I GET AN ATX 12V WITH MY SYSTEM? WHICH MODEL TYPE WOULD BE BETTER?

please guys help me. I want to purchase a power supply but I am waiting on your guys response. Again sorry for posting so much. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom