Need Help Selling my Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubetube

Solid State Member
Hey, I am planning on selling my computer that I built about a year ago. When I built it, I was going for a budget but good performance computer, so I don't really expect to get much for it. I don't know what price range to start at though. Was wondering if you guys could help me out. It will include a 17' monitor, Logitech MX300 mouse, and a standard white keyboard. Here are the computer specs itself.

ASPIRE X-Dreamer II ATX Mid-Tower Steel Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144026

Asus P4PE2-X Motherboard

Intel Celeron D 330 2.66GHz 12+16KB L1 Cache, 256k L2 Cache
with a Cooler Master Cooler
http://geizhals.at/img/pix/64235.jpg

DVD R/RW Burner 16x DVD burning and 36x CD Burning

Nvidia 6600GT Video Card

40GB ATA Hard drive, but I am going to add an 80GB hard drive from another computer to get 120GB hard drive.

1 GB Corsair Value Ram (2x512MB)

I was thinking about starting the price on ebay somewhere around $400-$600 bucks since it includes a monitor and the most I am expecting(if I am very lucky) is $800 bucks.
I am saving up for a new comp and I won't need this thing any more after I get a new one.

Thanks.

Computer will be used for gaming/video editing mostly.

Coolermaster Silver Wave Master

Not sure about the PSU yet

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

PLEXTOR Black IDE DVD Burner

Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 250GB

Some 17' Monitor

XFX Nvidia 7800GT

Corsair XMS 2GB (2x1GB)

Probablly Zalman 9500 for processor cooling

edit: ack forgot mobo

Asus A8N-SLI (I plan to get another 7800GT later on)

I think you have very realistic expectations; I personally would probably pay around 700$ and be happy with it. You may actually get more, I can see it happening if it's in good working condition.
Also, is the monitor crt or lcd?

edit: I would get an eVGA 7800GT if I were you (if you want to get the 7800GT), not XFX. XFX is known for bad products and customer service.

Also, I strongly recommend not going sli. So far, it has been proven to only increase a few fps. If you really want to have better performance, go for a 7800GTX 256-512mb, or wait for the new nvidia series. ATI is coming out with the 1900 which is supposed to be very nice aswell.

As for a power supply I'm not that sure but I'm positive someone else can give a good recommendation(sp*)

PcMe said:
I think you have very realistic expectations; I personally would probably pay around 700$ and be happy with it. You may actually get more, I can see it happening if it's in good working condition.
Also, is the monitor crt or lcd?

The monitor is LCD, no blown pixels that I know of. The computer is working fine, its just not up to par with the games that I wanna play (FEAR >_>)

Another thing, I am going to format the computer when I sell it, but, I don't want to include the Windows XP Pro cd, I could just have it preinstalled on the computer, or should I just leave it formatted with no OS?

Have it pre-installed but don't put anything else on it.

EDIT: It just looks better to some noooobs :):)

If you leave it with no os you will probably get less money.
But I didn't know the monitor was lcd, I can see you getting around 800$+ for that system if you attract the right attention.

edit: I think you should get the Antec 500/550W Truepower PSU if you can afford it (for your new system). If not, OCZ and Fortron make very nice psu's aswell.

reggie_da_man said:
Everything looks good except for the motherboard and the video card. IMO I would get the DFI lanparty SLI, if you really want to SLI things. Don't get an XFX, they are very cheap and you can get much better quality. Check it out:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130256

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136166

Yeah, I was thinking about DFI Lanparty SLI but I heard that quite a few people have some problems with it. The thing I like about it tho is the customizability(sp, if its even a word :p), I'll think about it, thanks though. As for power supply, lots of people in the Video forums I am in recommend an Enermax one, don't know why, but I'll probablly be on the lookout for one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom