help on my motherboard please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L J

Solid State Member
hi... i have recently recieved an old motherboard my friend didnt want anymore... i would like to be helped/directed on how to do a few things n wat parts i can buy for it...

this is the MB i got
DSC00003.JPG

i have boxed parts in a blue square that i am unsure how to work or use...

i have no clue for this...
image 1

im not interested in the best graphic card im only using this computer to store and host a few things...
image 2

im not shur which prongs to plug the power switch and the lights on if it matters...
image 3

id appriciate any help... also if anyone knows anything about this board please tell me... im currenty tryin to buy a pentium 3 proccessor and a powersupply... im also unsure on the powersupply for this...

Let me see since you didn't explain your need clearly.

Do you need CPU,RAM,VideoCard,SoundCard,LanCard,Keyboard,Mouse,Monitor,and Case. If that's what you need, then just go to google and type any of those words to find comparison in prices or any reviews about good whatever. If you don't need that, then try to find a manual of the mobo,or the name and download manual from the mobo. Then just follow the instructions.

Ask your friend to give you the motherboard document that will tell you all information of components on your board ; what's the funtion , how to connect it ......
Briefly , image 1 is jumper .
image 2 is AGP for video card
image 3 is connection to your on/off switch on front panel , fan , speaker........ Again , check your documentation , or check your motherboard manufactor web site , you may find your answer

that shit is too old anyways, I suggest you buying some new equip. You can be able to gather something together for $400 or even less.

From waht i could see in the Pic .. the board's an FIC VB-601...

This board supports only Intel(R) Pentium(R) II 233-450
Intel(R) Celeron(TM) 266-300, 300A

Either of which processors u might have a hard time looking for !

Also the AGP slot cannot take any of the newer AGP cards ...

As far as the jumper setting's go .. u'll need to find a processor before thinking of setting 'em ....

im not rilly interested in somethin fast... 600mhz is fine fer me... i have ram but unsure how to connect the wires for the power switch... like if it matters wat prongs its on... if a vid cheap vid card isnt too hard to find ill buy it but i dont know what to get... and the last thing is im not sure what power supply to buy for it... it has no manual or anythin it was just sent to me...

before you get started, make sure the motherboard works =p
Anyways, altho reading the diagram for the prongs can be hard on some motherboards, get the manual for the mobo off the manufacturers website.

do u think u think i should just buy a complete desktop then? im only interested in a werking 600mhz+ but my budge is low... around 150... i think i might as well go find a used comp er somthin... thanks fer all the info tho...

unfortionately the Processor alone will almost cost you that .Where is the processor at .Your friend has no need for it .
I actually have 1 of these boards in my 1st system from gateway
still works and use it for Shop AllData .It has a PIII 700 CPU
Heck i even ran a Leadtek Ti-4600 VC in it for fun .The system played BatteZone perfectly :) . You could probably find what you need to get this 1 working . But you need to study alot on how to build a computer .Your 1st step is to get download the manual for the mobo at the Manufacture site and read up on everything .Then find some places to study like How to build a Computer . Itll be a learning experience if you choose to do it .
Good luck .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom