help newbie with video car please

Status
Not open for further replies.

srt2fast4u

Solid State Member
Hey guys new to this forum and have a few questions. I have a Dell 4600 it has the stock video card what ever that maybe. Heres what i would like i use a projector to watch my movies, hi def tv, xbox etc i would also like to use my computer for this like movies games,anything. i have an s video open on my projector so i woul like to do that. i guess what i am asking is what are options for this computer i have been looking at the ati 800 xl at best buy it has to be at best buy because i have a big GC to use i didnt want to spend more then that i think the 800 xl is 329 with the tv tuner here is the part #

ATI ALL-IN-WONDER X800 XL 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card

Model: 100-714301

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1129786038662

is this good and can i use it on my computer and is it hard to install any ideas would help a ton thanx guys

I'm having HUGE doubts about whether that computer is compatible with that card or not. I've never seen a Dell with a PCIexpress video card slot. I don't think it's compatible. The chances are really, really slim. Also, never buy computer components from Best Buy. Their prices are robbery. www.newegg.com

Ryan

I believe hi-def is an option on the 7800 series, no lower. The x1xxx series probably has it too. Those aren't compatible with your computer. Your option is to start from scratch. Build your own computer. You could potentially reuse your processor... maybe your ram and hard drive. You'd need a new motherboard, power supply and case.

Ryan

at this point i really dont have the money if i can just get whats on my comp to my projecotr like an s video out maybe

well, how are you going to get your x-box to hook up to your computer to use the video card as a display? I would think you'd need a TV tuner card for that. Anyone else know?

Ryan

no my xbox is hooked up to my projector
i just need to hook up my comp to my projector thru s video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom