How to delete an application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopenhagen

In Runtime
I have this programme which really annoys me with the website pop up all the times when I surf a site and it takes long to display this website appears immediately I notice that I have a programme installed in my PC(Internet optimizer) I did add/remove but this programme is still there, everytime I delete,it said: Cannot delete Optimizer, access is denied, the source file maybe in use...

How do I delete this programme, I went to Regedit but can't find it

Any ideas?

Thanks

Have you tried using spyware/adware removal software. Such as Lavasoft's Ad-aware or SpyBot. Try those two and it should clean it for you.

Good luck!

zilantyas said:
Have you tried using spyware/adware removal software. Such as Lavasoft's Ad-aware or SpyBot. Try those two and it should clean it for you.

Good luck!

I don't have spyware, I did delete from Add/Remove programme however when I look at programme files,I try to delete it, it keeps saying the same thing , it's weird, anyhow the pop up disappeared since I remove it, thanks anyway.

I don't have spyware, I did delete from Add/Remove programme however when I look at programme files,I try to delete it, it keeps saying the same thing , it's weird, anyhow the pop up disappeared since I remove it, thanks anyway.
And how do you know you don't have spyware, it sounds like you have spyware get Ad-aware 6.0 and clean it out.

lol, this happen to my bro last week. he went to a site with mp3 and it asked if he wanted to install something. he wanted to click No, but accidentally clicked Yes and all this crap was installed on it. we saw the Optimizer in Add/Remove program and try to remove it, but with no success. we then did booted into safe mode and was able to remove it (just like what petogaz said). you should run Spybot and Ad-ware afterwards bc we did that and there were so many crap still on there that was installed with the Optimizer.

kopenhagen said:
Thanks very much for all your help, Ad aware is so far the best it's free and it helps to clean up everything! Spybot is only trial version.

ughh isnt it the other way around?
S&D should be free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom