Temperature Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the link to the heastsink guide with temps, very insightfull & NOW i know that i could have ocd my old duron that run at 60 deg

Hey Thanks apokalipse :) i always thought it was apokalise but who cares.

So as long as you get a nice heatsink and some thermal paste, you will most likely be find with your temps :D

We needed this sticky but I have my doubts as my 7800 video card idles 47C which is normal you have it towards the full load end.

Depends on what kind of cooling you have also, i believe you most likely have stock cooling.

The other things that depend are what your CPU temps are, mobo temps, chipset temps, how many hdd's, case fans, optical drives though they dont really give off heat,

So basically its different from each system to others

So should i be worried if my AGP 6800gs is 55 idle and 76 full load? I dont like how the idle temp seems so high, I wish it was 50/71. Is there anything to worry about though considering I have my computer on for about 10-16 hours a day?

There is nothing to worry about, but once you start OC'ing or OC some more then what you have right now, i would be considering a third party heatsink, which includes heatsinks or a waterblock

I have a question, I have speedfan and everest home. My speedfan seems like it is fairly accurate but I would like to check with everest because it seems like the temps that my bios displays are a little hotter than what speedfan says I have. I haven't been able to find any temps in everest though :(

Where should I look? Any other good programs that people have experience with that they swear by for monitoring your temps?

Also it doesn't appear that my bios shows a temp for my video card, any good temp monitoring programs for video cards? Since I OCed my 7800GTX I would like to know how hot it is getting :) and I am not sure how far I trust speedfan.

Alright well after doing some further testing this is a weird one. It seems 3dmark05 and ATI tool can take me up to 76 degrees. Doom 3 only takes me up to 65 however with high mode and AA on. Diablo 2 (2d game) takes me to 65 aswell...wtf. Why is it that only 3dmark and ati tool are taking me to bad temps while doom 3 runs 10 degrees cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom