Intel to drop the name "Pentium" from its processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think its a bad decision, especially since many of the computer illiterates buy Pentium processors and refuse to touch anything else. I also don't see what the reason would be for doing this.

This is like Microsoft deciding not to call its OS family "Windows" anymore and instead just call it "Microsoft", a.k.a. Microsoft XP or Microsoft Vista.

That is a really bad idea for them to do that. Now they might have lower sales and AMD will take over jk. Before I knew anything about computers, I went by the "Penitum" thing to figure if it was a faster computer or slower computer. I don't want to go by Intel D or Intel 860 or junk like that.

Intel has made a buncha bad decisions as of late. Maybe this would be the king of them all. :confused:

Without knowing any more information, I'd have to say that just dropping one of ur key brandnames is kindda stupid.

Most of the average-user's that I deal with think Pentium is a company. They don't know who Intel is.

Another bad thing is that people have grown accustomed to acronyms. Such as "P3", "P4", blah blah blah. What will it be know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom