I ordered some parts and ideas for a TV Tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
I made a thread a while ago about buying some new stuff for a HTPC, i finally ordered it today.

I ordered a CPU and Motherboard to replace my current Athlon XP 2500+ and Asus A7N8X-X

I ordered a Sempron Palermo 2800+ (64bit, SSE2, SSE3, 256kb, Socket 754) and an Asus K8N-E Pro

The old Athlon XP + motherboard will be put into my HTPC. So now i need ideas for a Digital TV tuner. I need a TV tuner that is Digital and Analog, regular PCI, and not really expensive. I would like it to be Mythtv compatible, if it isnt i might need to use Windows MCE. It needs to be able to run well on this system: Athlon XP 2500+, 512mb Ram, 9200se with S-VIDEO out to a TV.

Wayne

it's hard to find a tuner card that supports both analogue and digital. i think avermedia had a card at a decent price that offered that though. i'll have a look and see if i can find the model

edit: you have got to love nintek
http://www.nintek.com.au/x/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=2582
thats the card i was talking about and at $129 thats pretty good :D. personally i like winfast tuners, i used to have the DTV-1000 but thats about $150 au.

but it costs $180 which is steep

Yeah, looking around $100, might buy a second hand one.

Does any of you have any experience with these tuners?

it's hard to find a tuner card that supports both analogue and digital. i think avermedia had a card at a decent price that offered that though. i'll have a look and see if i can find the model

You sure?

You would think that if it supports digital that it will be backwards compatible to analogue.

that does look good, ill look up some reviews on it.

I bought my CPU off Nintek.

Note to all: All the Nintek Sempron 2800+ have 64 bit, SSE2, SSE3 (yay macosx)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom