Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethan_hicks

Solid State Member
Ok i have NO idea what to do but i know that i want to upgrade practically everything (ill be putting my current parts into the computer im building) i just wanna know what the name of the hardware is that im going to be upgrading to :) (my computer is primarily for gaming!)

my current specs are :

Computer Type - ACPI Multiprocesser PC
OS - Microsoft Windows XP
CPU Type - Intel Pentium 4, 3000 Mhz (15x200)
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-8S661FXM-RZ
Mobo Chipset - SiS 661FX
GFX - ATI Radeon 9600xt 256 meg
Ram - 2x 256 meg

and umm im not sure about my hard drive...
oh and my budget is like 550 - 650 (aus dollar)

i dont think you get MUCH better than what you've got at the moment for that money, what i'd do if i were you is make sure my PSU is big enough (400w should do for this) go to amd with a PCIE 6600GT man those GSs are still 300 bucks here where you can get a 6600GT for 200, a socket 939 cpu probably a 3000+ if you are an overclocker this cpu overclocks well completely stock so theres the party.

You'll want two good 512MB sticks of RAM like OCZ which would be $200 or get value ram for 100-150

athlon 64 cpu anywhere from 200 to 250 then just an nforce 4 mobo, carry your old hard drive across then put your old stuff on ebay

lol i hate to sound like a 'noob' but can u tell me again what the hardware is that im going to need to be getting, like name exactley so that i get the right thing when im asking around at the comp fair or were ever... (eg: wether the ram is ddr400 or w/e) and also can u explain what u mean about PSU size and that (i dont know anything about computers really :p)

well firstly there wont be a significant boost in performance from your current computer, not for that much cash, if you want my opinion, get 1200 bux then comeback

the ram looks alright but i dont know about the gfx card lol :p and yea tobes i would but it'd prob take me a year - 2 years to save up like a grand

Well that card is the best thing you can get for your comp and will allow you to run any game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom