New MSI 6600gt doesnt look all that great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, glad everything worked out for you. Yeah, I have a similer problem with Half Life as well. If I run it at any thing above 1024 x 768 all the words and crap are huge and bulky. Oh well. Easy come, easy go.

Well, I do know that you're right. But he has the AGP version. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the AGP version is crap compared to the PCI-e version.
been a few days since this post, but I thought I'd correct ya. Theres no noticeable difference between AGP and PCI-E dude.

Really? Isn't there some card that the PCI-e version was really really good, and the AGP was crap? Like they put GDDR on one and GDDR3 on the other..... Or am I just crazy?

My AGP version has GDDR3, I think it has all the same specs as the PCI-e, well, minus the PCI-e connector that is...

Flanker said:
HAHA, High-end, lol. No, its not good enough for Half Life 2. For one; Half Life 2 hates Nvidia cards, and for another; are you sure theres nothing wrong with your videocard? Over-overclocking, overheating...etc.

Please leave these forums. The 6600gt is perfect forHalf-Life 2.

AnthraX said:
Really? Isn't there some card that the PCI-e version was really really good, and the AGP was crap? Like they put GDDR on one and GDDR3 on the other..... Or am I just crazy?

Yes you are crazy...

AnthraX said:
yeah, take of the 2x AA and 1x AF. I don't think you're card is built to have those on.

Just like Flanker, stop giving bad recommendations... or stop posting.... 6600gt not being able to have any anti-aliasing.. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Oh and good job getting it to work *on your own* :).

Originally posted by Kitire
Please leave these forums. The 6600gt is perfect forHalf-Life 2.

Yes you are crazy...

Just like Flanker, stop giving bad recommendations... or stop posting

Dude, what's your problem, and who gave you the authority to kick people off of TF? And Flanker has been here a heck of a lot longer than you, so stop acting like a moderator.

And the 6600GT is not a high end card.

I don't have the authority to kick people off CTF.

I just hate when people know nothing about computer hardware and then go around and act like they know what they are talking about.

I have sometimes given off advice on a product, but not NEAR as many times as this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom