i've overclocked the gs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya i just finished off fear and it was only 50 degrees, crazyness... i wanna overclock more but it won't let me... i don't think its too stable with fear though, sometimes the screen would completely stop, and make a horrible sound, and the screen flickered, so i might wanna downclock just a bit

Yea doesn't sound stable...FEAR is stable for me....umm by 50 degrees, do you mean after you exited? or do you have a temp logger like NVlogger?

no no, thats directly after exit, so i'm pretty sure it was higher than that, it only started flickering after i had been playing for about 2 hours.

ahh ok...I think mine is maxed out b/c it's completely stable at 500, but if i put it to 501 I get artifacting...doesn't like 1.4, but i havent tried in between 1.3-1.4 for the mem clock..1.3 is enuff.

mine wont let me go higher than 467/1.18, it tells me the tests fail and to lower the clock setting, any suggestions to change that? cooling maybe, or my psu just too crappy? , ah, by the way nice build, i'm gonna get me a 3700+ for my build, cuz i'm tired of this compaq, i was thinking of getting a dual core, but since my 3500+ does me well, i figured to just go for the 3700

hmm I don't know, might just be because they're different brands....mine came stock at 485/1.1, supposedly msi is better than xfx, but i think its a bunch of bull....and thanks for the compliment, i'd suggest the 3700+ anytime.

i just tried overclocking to ur video cards settings and it didnt come out to pretty... i tried using it during 3dmark05 and the whole screen totally went out after about 10 seconds... all these green blocks appeared, and my computer just completely froze.. had to manual shut down, and when i turned on the computer the settings were still saved.. luckily it did no damage. i now have it downclocked to 460/1.15 ghz .... i have struck myself with fear of overclocking....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom