Bios can't detect any of my IDE drives. "HELP"

Status
Not open for further replies.

woktheblue

Solid State Member
Can someone please help me with this problem. When I try booting up my computer the bios doesn't detect any of my IDE drives. Sometimes after about a good hour after leavening the computer on in the post screen, I re-boot and it picks up all the drives.
When I turn off the computer I am back to square on. Its so frustrating... I have tried auto detecting the drives and also tried manually. What comes up in the post screen is: "Verifying DMI pool data... Disk boot failure, Insert system disk and press enter".

IDE Channel 0 Master [ None ]
IDE Channel 0 Slave [ None ]
IDE Channel 1 Master [ None ]
IDE Channel 1 Slave [ None ]

Motherboard: GigaByte technology co ltd, Ga-8s661fxmp-rz
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Award modular bios v6.00pg 09/27/04
Chipset: sis661 rev17
CPU: Celeron 2.00GHZ
Windows XP Home Edition
Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 440
WD 80gb Hard Drive
Memory: 1024mb on slot A1

Thanks Mark

Have you reset the Bios to default.Im sure you probably did huh? Also is there an option to set your drives to IDE and SATA if so make sure its IDE. It may be a bad motherboard...
computer.gif

Is this something that just started happening, or did you resently change some sort of hardware?

My first suggestion would be to make sure the Drive Jumpers are set to the proper MASTER/SLAVE Jumper.

BUt you probably did that already.

Does your board have SATA? I've ran accross a problem where SATA is the default for IDE channels. I just change some SATA settings around and its worked.

AnthraX, I do have a SATA board... In the post screen when it boots up it picks up the SATA first saying they are not set to master and slave then it picks up the IDE with NONE on all the drives. Is that whatÂ’s supposed to happen if not how do I turn the SATA off? Thanks for your suggestion friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom