New MSI 6600gt doesnt look all that great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
6600GT should be able to run Source on high settings possibly with some AF and AA...HL2 was built to run ideally on 9800Pro and the 6600GT is roughly the same

gaara said:
6600GT should be able to run Source on high settings possibly with some AF and AA...HL2 was built to run ideally on 9800Pro and the 6600GT is roughly the same

Well, I do know that you're right. But he has the AGP version. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the AGP version is crap compared to the PCI-e version.

Here is a screenshot of FarCry, the colors are all off, thats the biggest annoyance to me.
When I used the 9600 Pro, it just worked perfectly, I dont get why a 6600GT is having so many problems.

Attachments

• farcry0001.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 89
What are you talking about? Farcry looks great! (end sarcasm)

Wow, that sucks dude. And you're on the newest drivers?

Yeah, installed the latest nVidia drivers.
Weird thing is, I just ran World of Warcraft, and I've never seen it look better (no sarcasm), it looks absolutely great.
Why would WoW look so good and the others look terrible?

Have you updated Farcry to the most recent patch? I know this to be a problem with the Nvidia 6 series. I'm glad I remember that. Just upgrade to the most recent patch.

Alright, I'll try that and get back to ya.
Thanks for all the help by the way, I was really worried I'd have to RMA my new card.

Everything's fixed!
Installed all the latest updates to FarCry, and was able to turn things up a couple notches, looks perfect.
With Half-Life 2, for some odd reason the 1280x1024(LCD) setting didnt work, so I turned it down to that weird 1124 by something setting, and turned up the settings and it still looks amazing.
Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom