AMD vs Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANY fan that supports s939 will support your CPU.

THe best CPU fans are the CNPS9500 and the TT Big typhoon, paired with some AS5 you got some sick cooling :p lol

A lot of that **** the lamedog posted as PZERO said pointless. Generally intel is better for office use and encoding. You can easly overclock with fans. I have my 3000 from 1.8GHz-2.7GHz on the stock heatsink and fan. never breaks 50 on full load. You don't need an SCSI drive to game, all it does is reduce loading times. The only reason why Intel is better at overclocking or overclocks higher is because they have higher clock speeds to begin with. And a 4800+ normally overclocked @ 4GHz?! Normally?? You also dont require a SLI/Crossfire board to game. Look for yourself: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=79791

Re:

It is interesting reading your comments on these matters.

I did not say that you can't overclock with fans, you can but noise, power and a few other things can make that a bad choice. I also suggested that you would have a better gaming experience with the faster drives and not that it is a must but it does help a lot.

These comments are to make you think about it. They are opinions by myself and I do not say they are necessarily correct.

Yes when water cooling leaks it can destroy your system but that is rare and doesn't happen too often if you have set everything up right. The same can be said about fans, if you set it up wrong then it will overheat the chip, destroying the chipset.

I understand liquid nitrogen is more complex and costs more but if you are serious about OC'ing your CPU, you would look into this. That is of course if you are seriously mad nut with heaps to spend on refils of liquid nitrogen.

If you are more comfortable with fans then you really should look into the Zalmann coolers, in particular the blue orb. Otherwise they have a fanless case and a simple movie diagram thingy for explaining water cooling.

I actually do not have a water cooled computer but an older computer with a big thermaltake CPU cooler. It has a dial control which I installed on the front to turn up the rotation speed. At maximum, you can hear it throughout my house. Its not a good thing to have.

About your comment on the SLI PCI-E, yes you don't need it but it is recommended for ultra high quality graphics. Remember most of you know two cores or two processors is better than one so why not have two GPU's? Its not necessarily needed but it is better to have two if you are a complete gaming nut.

Remember these comments are to continue converstation and to see what you think.

Kind Regards
lamedog

lamedog, are you just messin' around posting stupid crap, or are you really just a complete idiot?

please keep this civil

although I and many disagree with lamedog, he is allowed to post his opinions. just as long as he doesn't start flaming in the process.

I will be watching this thread, I don't want to close it.

Water cooling is loud especially some people with 3*120mm fans in their radiator running at 100cfm each :eek:

and then that just leaves power, which you can easily take care of with a nice psu from antec, enermax, OCZ, fortron :)

lamedog,

Did you not say
Firstly overclocking needs some seriously good cooling. Never use fans for overclocking. Use liquid nitrogen or otherwise water to cool your systems as you probaly already know.

Liquid nitrogen is for experimental overclocks, not for 24/7 use. And you can get CPU coolers that don't sound like a jumbo jet, like yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom