NEWB QUESTION? what is a bette asus board for....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikiboi

Solid State Member
its just mainly for gaming, i dont know much about computers, all i do is play games. i was thinking about buying an xbox360, but i know i wouldnt play it much because i am consumed with wow, and c.s. and starting to play guildwars and will get into war games as well (socom etc..)

i am decieding on two boards both asus:

1: A8N32-SLI Deluxe or
2: A8N-SLI Premium

i know the new deluxe one is a better mobo, but would it be over kill for just gaming or it would be the one i should have for just gaming? i hope that makes sence.

Why would you want SLi? Well if you do either are good boards, A8N32 being the better (read: expensive) board.

Get the Asus A8N-E if you want to game but no SLi.

SLI are for two cards use (Geforce)

Get one without SLI.. if you using one card.

kikiboi said:
could you explain why?

SLI stands for Scalable Link Interface, which is used to link two identical nVIDIA graphics cards together. It divides the screen between the cards so they work together to make one image on your screen. It's basically the same as ATI's Crossfire. There's a sticky on this forum that tells more about SLI.

1: A8N32-SLI Deluxe - Slower then Premium Because of it's chipset
2: A8N-SLI Premium - Doesn't offer two full 16X SLI

Both have a lot of bells and whistles.

Flip a coin.

so would an sli be pointless if never plan on using two video cards (which i wont, only 1 is perfect for me) and if so, what asus board should i get for gaming, i want the best one i can buy. or would another board company be better?

i really like the asus tower (venti) so thats why i wanted to stay asus, unless i could use other mobo companies with that tower?

i have the asus a8n premium....its and sli bored...and its a very great bored...you dont have to worry about sli ..you go with one card then if you think you are going to need more you can just get the other one later....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom