AMD vs Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked up my hard drive and found out that it is ATA, does that mean the Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D motherboard wont work with it? And how do I find out if my case is atx compadible?

Great! Now I just gotta figure out if this DFI Lanparty Ultra-D will work with ATA, but im hearing good things about Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard. Is the only advantage the DFI has it that it is easily overclockable?

Sorry to say this but I have been laughing quitely reading through this topic.

Firstly overclocking needs some seriously good cooling. Never use fans for overclocking. Use liquid nitrogen or otherwise water to cool your systems as you probaly already know.

Secondly, we are only at the start of the 64bit, dual core era. Most applications and even games are single core oreintated. Some tests indicated single core processors being faster than a dual core counter-part. This depends on your applications you use but you will never see the full flight of the dual core processors until all or most applications are made for the dual core processors.

AMD vs. Intel, you will not be able to tell which is best over a long period of time. For example when the centrino and extreame edition processors came out, Intel was considered best and intel where very secretive about their products. Right now AMD is considered best leading the way for the dual-core processors and AMD are very secretive right now while Intel are open about their Octo and Quad core predictions.
Some will take sides and like AMD over Intel just because they use AMD more. I must also say that AMD generally does better at office applications but is also far better at mutiple processors at the same time posting faster speeds than its Intel counterparts. Intel for now does better at single thread applications rather than multithread applications athough in most tests I've looked at, AMD is better in office applications. Intel's processors right now are more for music coding, video playing, - simple tasks - web searching.

I must say I do like AMD better than Intel because of Price, reliability, speed and a few other things.

Thirdly, gaming computers need a faster hard drive speed for better performance. It is better to use a SATA 10k drive or perferably a SCSI 15k drive for your fast information access. Yes it does cost more but you will notice the difference. A 7200rpm drive is a miniumum requirement for the gamer.

Also another comment on OC'ing - Intel's processors are generally better for it. Toms Hardware guide overclocked a 3.2 ghz processor to 5ghz using liquid nitrogen - this is not advised to be done but it is a fun project. Another fun project they did would be using 8 gallons of vegetable oil to cool their computer. No fans, silently running, working perfectly.

For gamers or anyone looking to upgrade, a dual PCI-E motherboard is a must. If looking to get the best system, dual 7800gt's or better will give ultra high graphics at around 60fps on average on Doom3.

For those who look to upgrade, I would personally wait a bit. Maybe upgrade to a socket 939 motherboard and FX53 processor but the new fx60 processor is just too expensive when the earlier Fx models work just as well. With AMD models, you can generally take 500 - 1000 off their model number to show their potential clock speed. For example the 4800+ model you would quite easily overclock to 4ghz although with normal work load it runs at around 2.6ghz.

Well I hope you enjoyed my comments

Kind Regards
lamedog

liquid nitrogen? That sounds cool but im sure thats more pricey. Also Im not really sure how it works, I would probably do it if I had a better understanding of the concept, I've also heard they can tear and leak, ruining the entire computer, is that true?

Can we get a mod in here and delete that post cause its just pointless, you can OC with fans :) oh wait apokalipse is a mod LOL :eek: my bad.

anyways, well if you had a leak with water cooling or liquid nitrogen :rolleyes: it could mess all your system up

Water + electronics = BOOM

Actually im looking to stick with fans but cant seem to find any decent ones. Checked three sites so far and they all say supports up to AMD 3400+, but im looking at the 4800 heh thats a bit off. Are there any fans that support up to the 4800? Links would be appreciated please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom