Making slave HD bootable ::help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuzzbot

Beta member
Hi I hate to join and the first thing i do is post a question, but i need help. ive tried researching and i get so many different answers.

anyways, any comments would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

------------
Situation : I have two hard drives. My computer boots from my Master (C: ), but my operating system (winXP) is on my slave (F: ).

I want to remove the C: drive and replace it with a new one with much larger capacity.

Q : can i simply remove the Master, replace with the new drive, boot from CD-ROM and format the new drive as bootable and have it as drive letter C:? would that work or am i being stupid?

or is there another way? (id prefer not to have to reinstall windows)
when i tried setting my slave to be the master it wouldnt boot, it can only boot from C: or CDRom with F: set as slave....

------------

can i simply remove the Master, replace with the new drive, boot from CD-ROM and format the new drive as bootable and have it as drive letter C:? would that work or am i being stupid?

This should work just fine...

thanks, i'll try it out then. (the only reason i havent tried it out yet is because i hacvent bought the new HD. i hate buying things that i cant use right away, not that anyone really needed to know that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom