Autoplay prompt not allowing action choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

leecherous

Baseband Member
I am running Windows XP (HE)(SP2) on an HP, Pentium IV PC. All installed programs and the operating system perform well. That includes Panda Platinum IS 2006 which has maintained a virus and spyware free environment. After performing a Windows XP Disk Cleanup and defragmentation sequence, the "Autoplay Feature" applet does not display or function in a normal manner.
When inserting a USB ported card reader's photo chip, an "Autoplay Applet" used to open on my desktop with prompts to choose an action. Instead, I am forced to accept a Microsoft Office 2003 Picture Viewer program as the default selection to view digital camera photos. I have researched (Right-Clicked) the C: drive, DVD-RW drive, CDROM Drive, and USB card reader drive for their properties and discovered the "Autoplay" function is absent from the display menu. Analyzing each drive's properties, the "Autoplay Tab" is available with content type and "Prompt each time to choose an action" radio button set. Also, when
attempting to play audio CDs or Video DVDs, the "Autoplay Feature," with prompts to choose an action, does not display. I can manually play or open any drive's content by using "Run and Browse" or Windows Explorer to activate a program. What is the solution to my dilemma?

Talldude123: The MS Office 2003 Picture Viewer was never selected as the official photo editor in the "Autoplay Feature" prompt as a choice of action. The latter failure occured after I performed a cleanup with "Crap Cleaner v1.26.218," Windows XP's Disk Cleanup," and "Registry Cleaner v5.1."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom