My build: good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KryptoKnight

In Runtime
Hey guys, I'm building my own computer, but I'm not overclocking. This is what I'm thinking of putting in it: is it going to be overkill(which my friend thinks) or is it ok? I'm keeping the gfx card though, and I want looks and quality.

Ultra / X-Finity / 500-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / SATA-Ready / SLI-Ready / Titanium / Power Supply

Xion II Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side Front USB and Audio Ports and 450-Watt Power Supply( I heard this power supply is bad)

eVGA GeForce 7800 GT CO / 256MB GDDR3 / PCI Express / SLI / Dual DVI / VIVO / Video Card with Free Quake 4 PC Game
Manufacturer: eVGA $319.99

E145-7806 6. eVGA GeForce 7800 GT CO / 256MB GDDR3 / PCI Express / SLI / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card with Free Quake 4 PC Game
Manufacturer: eVGA $296.99*

E145-7808 7. eVGA GeForce 7800 GT / 256MB GDDR3 / PCI Express / SLI / Dual DVI / VIVO / Video Card with Free Quake 4 PC Game
276.99(what's the difference between all of these?)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz / 1MB Cache / 2000MHz FSB / Socket 939 / Dual-Core (Manchester) / Processor with Fan

Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live 24-Bit PCI Sound Card (Retail Box
or
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic PCI Sound Card

2gigs of good ram(what kind?)

some mouse and keyboard

Cooling?

19" monitor- LCD

Please help! I won't ask a question and leave forever like other people!
:p :p ;) ;)

everything looks good EXCEPT your PSU. DON'T get it. Get an enermax, fortron, or Antec. 500 - 550W should do you fine.

For your RAM, since you won't be OCing, just get any kind :D, like corsair Value select will work fine

I would say get some g.skill value ram

o and about your cooling, your cooling is definitly fine if you aren't ocing, just make sure you dont buy your processor OEM, it doesn't come with a hs+f.

Thanks! By the way,, what does OEM stand for? I remember someone saying it, but i don't remember. Isn't something like off original manufacturer?

fortron psu is excellent bang-for-the-buck. i have the cheap patriot signature series value ram and it OC'ed to 230mhz at stock timings....so if you think you might want to OC in the future, go with that ram....same price as the corsair value ram.

how about the mobo? what are you looking at? the Foxconn mobo in my sig was cheap, benches well (search google for reviews), and is stable.

p.s. OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer... i think. It usually differs from the retail packages alot, so be sure you know what comes with the parts. OEM cpus come without the heatsink/fan. OEM hdd's come without any connectors. just some examples

Original Equipment Manufacturers. Basically it's a white box that includes nothing but the thing you bought - no cables, manuals, nothing.

Oh yeah, forgot to write that. I'm looking at a DFi Lanparty Ultra D. Patriot Signature is a bit more expensive, so I don't know, but I do plan on overclocking in the future, so I'll check my budget.

They are right about the XION II psu. I have that case and the psu is a total POS.

If you do go with a DFI, get some nice ram so you can oc more. The g.skill extreme series 2x1gb set isnt a bad price and is fairly good ocing ram. If you decide to get a dfi and expensive ram, look into the Opteron 165. That is basically a x2 3800 that can OC better.

What hhd are you going to get?

The difference between those 7800gts are the speeds at which they run at.

lol you said you weren't overclocking! Now you are?

Okay, things to change -

1) Get the Opteron 165 or 170, as these will OC way better than a 3800+ x2
2) No more value RAM, you're gonna have to go with something like what thebleakness said, GSkill extreme series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom